Instructions: This Organic System Plan application is designed to describe how your operation complies or plans to comply with the USDA Organic Regulations and/or other applicable organic standard(s). Complete all sections truthfully and accurately. A copy of the completed application will be emailed to you for your own records. All changes that may affect compliance must be notified to QCS and approved prior to implementation, including use of new lands, inputs, or facilities. Lands/facilities are not approved for use until added to Organic Certificate.
Navigation: Click through this form using the "Next" and "Previous" buttons at the bottom of each section, or by selecting a specific section title in the progress bar below. If you are on a mobile device, turning the display to the horizontal orientation will reveal the progress bar's section titles.
Are you a primary or additional contact for multiple operations?
Reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org to be given access to your account.
Additional Certification Contacts (Authorized Representatives)
Persons listed below are also authorized to communicate with QCS on behalf of this operation. Click the Add button to add a new contact.
Anyone not listed as a contact for your entity cannot have access to your entity's QCS certification information through your account. Make sure to include anyone who may need access for billing, updates, etc.
State Registration (For organic production occuring in California)
1. Does or will organic production or handling occur in the state of California?
2. Is the operation registered with the California Department of Food and Agriculture (CDFA)?
This is required before the first sale of organic product and annual thereafter.
OGP 1A. Operation's Legal Description
Describe the operation's type of business and attach documentation to verify the legal entity name.
You'll be asked to upload attachment files throughout this application. Start a list of what files you upload with the section of the application they're uploaded to (example: File A, OSP 1). You'll be asked to complete a checklist of all of your attachment files in OGP 15. Starting a list now will make the checklist easier later.
Is the entity's fictitious name (DBA) filed?
OGP 1B. General Description
(e.g. products, acres, years on the land, market, etc.)
2. Does this operation (business entity) also produce non-organic crops, including on land that is in transition?
OGP 1C. Previous Organic/Transitional Certification
1. Have you ever applied for organic or transitional certification in the past?
2. Is this operation currently certified?
3. Were you issued a Minor Noncompliance during the previous certification cycle?
4. Have you ever applied for and been denied organic or transitional certification?
5. If you have been certified organic in the past, have you ever had your certificate suspended or revoked?
6. If you are currently certified by another certifier, were you issued a Noncompliance, Proposed Suspension, or Proposed Revocation during the previous certification cycle?
OGP 1D. Exempt/Excluded
Operations earning less than $5,000 in gross annual organic sales may be exempt from certification under 7 CFR 205.101(a).
1. Is the operation exempt from certification under 7 CFR 205.101(a)?
2. If yes, do you understand that certification of an exempt operation is considered a voluntary process?
OGP 1E. Export
1. Will product(s) be exported?
2. Please indicate the international certification that you are seeking in order to export your product.
You can complete the applicable forms for each international certification you select in OGP 17-25.
OGP 1F. Records
Section 205.103 of the NOP Final Rule requires organic producers to maintain records concerning organic production that fully disclose all activities and transactions in sufficient detail to demonstrate compliance with the regulations. Records must be maintained for 5 years and must be available to the inspector at the time of inspection.
1. Which of the following records do you keep for organic production?