OPT Grass-Fed Livestock
The Certified Grass-Fed Organic Livestock Program sets the first national standard for grass-fed, organic dairy and meat production. The goal is to provide a third-party certification program for the entire supply chain from production to handling. Quality Certification Services is proud to hold accreditation for Organic Plus Trust (OPT) Grass-Fed Organic Livestock certification.
OPT Grass-Fed standards include
- 60% Dry Matter Intake from pasture
- 150 days on pasture
- Grain-free feed or pre-grain stage (i.e. tassel)
- 90-day transition period to become Grass-Fed
What’s required by QCS?
An operation must be part of Organic Valley’s FARM Program. To become a part, reach out to CROPP Cooperative. QCS does not offer this certification according to American Grass-Fed Association (AGA) standards.
For more information, reach out to us on our Organic page, in an email to email@example.com, or with a phone call to (352) 377-0133.
– Tell us about your business and certification desires.
– Hear about our services and offerings.
– Ask us any questions you have about the process, cost, timeline, etc.
– Receive a free application packet with the forms and resources you need to apply.